Thursday, April 17, 2014

SpaRitual Osmium

  Hi all!!  I don't remember what started the conversation (they tend to take many turns) but the crux was that my good friend Melissa didn't like her SpaRitual Osmium polish, and I was dying over the dark, glossy, jelliness, so she sent it to me.  Isn't she sweet?

  SpaRitual has been around for quite a while but it's a new to me brand.  Osmium is from the fall/winter 2012 Metal collection.  Oddly, the packaging states that Osmium is a creme.  It's not.  It's a full-on super dark squishy, glossy, self-leveling teal jelly.  The brush is very small and thin, which aids in application of one so dark, making it easier to control.  This polish is fabulous and applies like a dream.

SpaRitual Osmium swatch and review

SpaRitual Osmium swatch and review

  Osmium, in case you're wondering, is defined as a "hard, brittle, bluish-white transition metal in the platinum family" (Wikipedia) so I can see why the folks at SpaRitual wanted this to be a jelly formula to impart a light, sheerness.  Photos show the metal as a more blue tinted silver but this still looks like a pretty reasonable facsimile, to my estimation, and what a fun concept to build a collection around!

  Anyhoo, thank you SO MUCH, Mo, for my present!!  I truly love it and while I'm sorry it didn't worko ut for you, I'm stoked to have it in my hot little hands :)

 Thank you all for reading and have a beautiful day!! ♥♥


10 comments:

  1. Its a lovely dark blue jelly polish. So sweet of Melissa to send it to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! I love dark colors like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! :) It was actually Lucy's Stash swatches that completely sold me on this one ♥

      Delete
  3. This just goes to show you how utterly different polishes are with people's chemistry. I had the worst time with application! I think part of it is because it's dark and inky...while I love inky, I have a terrible time due to my strange cuticles-that-turn-into-fingers thing. Anyway, this looks lovely on you, and I'm glad Osmium now has a happy home. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm still not sure what to make of that phenomenon you've got happening, and I can't for the life of me see anything amiss in your photos. We seem to have remarkably different reactions to the same polishes. You should try some Juleps, I think you might find them fantastic.

      Delete
  4. Oh how awesome this looks on you - Melissa is too sweet, how absolutely lovely to have sent Osmium to you!!!. A real Liesl shade ;-). Teal jelly - I cannot remember any other brand that has ever done such a dark teal jelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't, either! The only other one that comes remotely close is Zoya Frida and that one's light and sheer, comparatively speaking. You gals just make my heart happy :) ♥

      Delete

Please be respectful and refrain from using profanity or including links in your comments. Posts containing either will be deleted. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, shoot me a message and your link by using my Contact Me form.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...